1. 1. Well? Out with it!

• Exterminate by daleks
    • Set them on fire
    • Turn them into zombies
    • Attack them with civility
    • Sicc Sheldon on them
    • Let them eat cake

The A Life Team

Last week's offtopic show ended up to actually have a topic. So we tried again. This time we talk about everything from Adar to warehouse management in space. Mission accomplished!

Please do add your thoughts about the subject, but I urge you to listen to the show first. It will considerably clarify the poll and give tons of thought-provoking entertainment. You can find the show here:

http://alifepodcast.wordpress.com/

voted for :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake:

haters will hate that wont change ever

I say let them eat cake... until their blood sugar levels rise too high for any kind of medicine to intervene... :twisted:

I vote for Sheldon! :lol: Sheldon for president!

House of Chimeras

Qu'ils mangent de la brioche!!! (Sorry, history major here and any reference to ’let them eat cake’ is just outright funny…)

*coughs* So yes. Educate them and try and have them understand when one can but don’t get worked up when the don’t get it or refuse to agree with it. Life is to short and by not letting people who can’t understand so simple get under my skin… I have more time to enjoy being asexy. ;)

InfiniteConciousness

I say let them eat cake for now. When the Asexual movement gets more well known and its going to happen then the haters will start to change thier minds one at a time.

I'm a big believer that any time someone has a strong negative emotional reaction to something it is because they are rejecting something about themselves that they fear to identify with. I'm not saying that they are all "closeted" asexuals in denial, just that something about the idea of not being super-positive about sex at every moment triggers an unconscious identification and an automatic rejection. Like perhaps they fear not being sexual enough for our hyper-sexual culture. So I voted for cake, since that is the most compassionate response provided.

I want to hunt them then eat their flesh and save the rest for later :evil:

I say let them eat cake for now. When the Asexual movement gets more well known and its going to happen then the haters will start to change their minds one at a time.

Hopefully this.

Due to the amount of new members AVEN get everyday it kinda raises my hopes that asexuality is becoming more well known grain by grain and some day we will be known like how the gay community is atm.

• 4 months later...

I had to say exterminated by daleks. Daleks are awesome! I just ignore the haters, they are not worth fighting with.

Max Planck said on scientific theories "a new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die, and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it"

just as that, you can't convince all the haters, and killing them would be no solution. eventually a few of them will realise their fault, change their attitude.

the rest of them will die...

the next generation will have fewer haters, as more people will be familiar...

the next even fewer...

until hopefully, there is no hater....

until then, we should feed them cakes, and show ourselves, if not them, who are the better humans!!

Member33070

Nothing. It's neither worth it nor in our best interest to start fights with them. Let them be silly and we can take the higher ground.

They can have some of our overflowing cake supply I suppose.

tumblr_lk83ui7XgL1qzqy14_thumb.png?1307581838

• 1 year later...
Boo42069yomomma

Live and let live, man. We can't get rid of them, so why fight them? Sensibly discuss our side of the point, but don't get angry.

• 2 weeks later...

Educate them??? Usually hatred is borne in ignorance. And I usually treat ignorance like this:

(to straight guy) Well thing about it like this. Do you have to exercise willpower to not have sex with guys? No, because you're not attracted to them, and gay guys aren't attracted to women. I'm not attracted to men or women.

Failing education (ie, when I educate and the hater still hates) leave them alone. Hating back only reinforces their hatred, and after all, its only the fault of their stubborn brain chemistry. Waste of energy to try and change that.

It was between fire or Daleks. I chose fire. More painful and probably more fun to watch~ *sadist*

I'm a big believer that any time someone has a strong negative emotional reaction to something it is because they are rejecting something about themselves that they fear to identify with. I'm not saying that they are all "closeted" asexuals in denial, just that something about the idea of not being super-positive about sex at every moment triggers an unconscious identification and an automatic rejection. Like perhaps they fear not being sexual enough for our hyper-sexual culture. So I voted for cake, since that is the most compassionate response provided.

Cake is good, else it becomes one lot of haters against another lot of haters.

I have actually lost count of the times I have seen or been told about people openly objecting to gay people, only for them to turn out gay themselves.

let's not waste the good stuff on them.

we'll just give them bread rather than cake.

I don't mind givng them cakes, they might be glutton intolerant, tee hee. :ph34r:

I don't mind givng them cakes, they might be glutton intolerant, tee hee. :ph34r:

but let's only make it the left over ones we don't like. deal? :)

I voted for Sheldon, but today I´m very angry and I´m for setting them to fire. :twisted:

Kill them with kindness and they may not apologize but you know they know you don't care if they agree or not with your choice(s), but if they do....awesome.

but let's only make it the left over ones we don't like. deal? :)

Deal sounds good lol.... They can try my well baked rock cakes, I have to send them to the quary to split them apart, tee hee!

Kill them with kindness.

Oh, I really do like this idea, though if they sample my rock cakes, we will be killing them a different way, oops!!!!

Archived