Home Made Merchandising

corduroyjackalope

corduroyjackalope

I'v started on some flag shoe laces that will be done in a few days, and I've also painted a button. I also have a button reading "Have some cake." with my best drawing of AVEN cake undernieth. I would like to know of other things that people have done themselves. :)

I hope I put it in the right forum. :unsure:

corduroyjackalope

I would love a badge! I might find a way of making one. :)

How about embroyding felt? I've been using the friendship bracelet thread for the shoe laces. You could use it to sew out a patch on felt. Then you could sew it or glue it on whatever. :)

This reminds me of something I've been wondering about. Does anyone know if it's okay to borrow a slogan from something in the AVEN shop and make my own T-shirt or whatever? From what I know of copyright laws it seems like that should be alright but I'm not sure. I know that images/designs belong to the artist who creates them, and of course long passages of writing are protected by copyright, but I don't believe one line slogans are. Anyone know for sure?

I have a mug. It's pretty easy to do with some tape and a lot of coats of glaze--just go to one of those "glaze your own pottery" places.

In other awesome asexual merchandising news, over on the Livejournal comm I saw someone with a shirt that said "On a scale of 1 to 6, I'm an X." I want that shirt like burning. As far as I'm aware, it was homemade.

asexual cake

I started knitting a scarf, as I am a poor knitter and that's the most complicated thing I know how to do.

I have a mug. It's pretty easy to do with some tape and a lot of coats of glaze--just go to one of those "glaze your own pottery" places.

In other awesome asexual merchandising news, over on the Livejournal comm I saw someone with a shirt that said "On a scale of 1 to 6, I'm an X." I want that shirt like burning. As far as I'm aware, it was homemade.

Two things:

It appears we have precisely the same ring.

And we also share an intense jealousy regarding the owner of that shirt. I need that shirt. I need it.

My first hematite ring cracked Friday night after a whole two weeks of active use, so I ordered a titanium one with aces on it yesterday on the theory that I am unlikely to take good care of this one, either. (I bought two originally because I figured the first one would eventually break--I didn't think they would be destroyed quite that fast!)

The link to the shirt post is here. Isn't it awesome?

asexual cake

Aha! Yeah, I bought my first (hematite) ring at the beginning of February, and it cracked a few weeks later when I dropped it in my kitchen, and then I bought an exact replica which has lasted me until now. I want to replace it with something less grey, but I'm cheap so I probably won't bother until this one breaks.

And good Lord, I want it even more now, especially because I'm something of a sexuality nerd, and thus hold Kinsey in a place of appropriate reverence. It is too perfect for words.

corduroyjackalope

I used to have a hematite ring. First it got a crack in it from everyday abuse. Then it broke into two when I juggled some rocks while wearing it. Haven't gotten another since. I don't have much luck with rings but I liked the black ring idea, so I tattooed AVEN to my right middle finger. I did it myself, so it's kind of homemade. ;)

I'm going to make my own flag out of scrap fabric. Hopefully it'll look nice.

On a side note i saw this, and thought you guys would like it maybe. :lol:

corduroyjackalope

I'm knitting a flag. I think it will be kind of big when I'm done with it.

corduroyjackalope

I'm going to make my own flag out of scrap fabric. Hopefully it'll look nice.

That would look pretty cool! You should post a picture when you're done (if you can)!

I ordered a titanium one

Titanium rings are not recommended because the ring cutters that emergency responders carry, to keep you from loosing your finger in the event that your hand is swelling from an injury, are not able to cut titanium.

You may consider it worth the risk, but I just thought I should mention it.

I'm something of a sexuality nerd, and thus hold Kinsey in a place of appropriate reverence.

Me, too! I was amused to see your post because people are always a little confused by me. An asexual who's fascinated by studies about sex? Who seems to know more about the topic than most sexuals do? :blink:

Do you have any theory about why? I think for me it's like because I'm totally detached I can study sexuality in a scientific way without being made uncomfortable by anything, and I read things like the Kinsey Reports in pretty much the same way that I read about different religions or cultures. It's just fascinating to learn about things that are so far outside of my own life experience.

I started knitting a scarf, as I am a poor knitter and that's the most complicated thing I know how to do.

Two things:

It appears we have precisely the same ring.

And we also share an intense jealousy regarding the owner of that shirt. I need that shirt. I need it.

Okay, that's what I'm doing as soon as I can. Creating such a shirt and freakin' festering in it.

I just finished a shirt I was working on. It has a cake patch that I made from scrap fabric and it says "have some cake!" next to the patch. I had some nice shirts from my last job but of course they had the companies logo on them. I put the cake right over the logo on this one to hide it. Now I'm trying to think of more designs that would work on those shirts.

corduroyjackalope

I just finished a shirt I was working on. It has a cake patch that I made from scrap fabric and it says "have some cake!" next to the patch.

I have a button like this!

Okay, pictures? Photographic evidence of such fantastic creations?

I am useless with sewing, knitting, whatever, but I'd like to see how good other people are at it.

(though, that mug... I might do that. I can paint a few straight lines.)

I am bad at painting in straight lines. Trust me, if I could make that mug passable anyone could. Tape. Tape and as many coats of glaze as you can get onto the mug is all you need.

This reminds me of something I've been wondering about. Does anyone know if it's okay to borrow a slogan from something in the AVEN shop and make my own T-shirt or whatever? From what I know of copyright laws it seems like that should be alright but I'm not sure. I know that images/designs belong to the artist who creates them, and of course long passages of writing are protected by copyright, but I don't believe one line slogans are. Anyone know for sure?

Just saw this, and yes, it's fine. Our images aren't under copyright.

• 4 weeks later...

Those keychains are so nicely done; polymer clay can be finicky to work with.

OK confession, I have been lurking AVEN for awhile. This community has meant a lot to me since I discovered it about a year ago... but I never felt like I had anything worthwhile to add, so I didn't ever register.

BUT! Because handmade stuff is the best, I love this thread and letting it drift away seemed sad. So, hopeful thread revival?

I do sew a bit so here is a change purse:

apurse.jpg

I hope that photo works.

So yes, hi?

Hi, Hexaquark :cake:

Please, by all means, continuing posting! I am envious of your change purse, it looks flawless. I can hardly sew a button on my jacket.

Well, I'm hopeing to make others but here are the three ace things I have created.

My ace bracelet:

P7030250-1.jpg

My ace pin:

P4170083.jpg

My ace charm:

Front:

P4170078.jpg

Back (that I have covered... :( )

P4170079.jpg

Thanks so much Salogma! I'll try to post when I make something new and ace related.

:cake: for more creations! I love your bracelet, Ellie J, and your charm has inspired me; thinking about sewing something with the ace of spades.

Amputation Defenestration

OH MY GOODNESS, THE CHANGE PURSE.

Do you have a shop? I mean, I sew as well, but really now. Do you have a shop?

OK as promised:

aceofspades.jpg

Curse you late night inspiration, I need more sleep... It is a credit card case, and is hand-embroidered but I should have planned the spades out a bit better instead of just throwing them down. Maybe I'll give it another go but do it with a fancy spade in the middle.

:cake: for you ExeCUTE, for a very cute bracelet. And is that purple plaid I see?

Defenestration, you have an amazing name. Oh wow, do you mean a shop like on etsy? Sometimes I wish I did because I sew as a stress reliever, and I find myself surrounded by bags and pencil cases! But your shop looks cool; you have a nice eclectic style. Love the Legos : )

OK as promised:

aceofspades.jpg

Curse you late night inspiration, I need more sleep... It is a credit card case, and is hand-embroidered but I should have planned the spades out a bit better instead of just throwing them down. Maybe I'll give it another go but do it with a fancy spade in the middle.

:cake: for you ExeCUTE, for a very cute bracelet. And is that purple plaid I see?

Defenestration, you have an amazing name. Oh wow, do you mean a shop like on etsy? Sometimes I wish I did because I sew as a stress reliever, and I find myself surrounded by bags and pencil cases! But your shop looks cool; you have a nice eclectic style. Love the Legos : )

This and your coin purse is awesome!!!

Archived