Cuddle buddies

Sikanda

I want a cuddle buddy!

I used to cuddle w/ a friend of mine(he has a SO btw and I mighta had a slight crush on him at one point although I'd never act on it obviusly though) and we become fairly close after I admitted I kinda liked him lol...anyway he stopped cuddling with me rather abruptly I might add and told me straight out it was getting to awkward...well I guess I understood that although at the time I was very hurt...he was the first person I trusted with to be affectionate with...and it was going to far it was getting a little more physical then cuddling although that part was being intitated by HIM not me...I went along with it cuz hey I wanted to keep him snuggling with me obviously(and before you think of me to badly and consider it cheating him and her have a sorta "open don't ask don't tell" kinda thing) soooo...

apperently I found out one thing about guys...THEY CAN'T JUST CUDDLE! They apperently see this as a pre-lude to other more ah physical activities....

We were talking the other day and I brought that up that I missed cuddling w/ him and I wished we still could...and he admitted that it was getting difficult for him(and keep in mind he is VERY sexual person) to just keep it platonic...kinda like whetting his appetite and not getting anything to eat or something can't remember the exact analogy here...but anyway I kinda apologized for arousing him--lol what else does one say? I told him I was sorry I gave him the wrong impression I never wanted more then just cuddling...and thats when he said he didn't see a point in continuing it and gave the food analogy...My innocent, naive, asexual, self just liked the cuddling...and I didn't realize quite how much I was affecting him in that way lol...

My rant though is WHY CAN'T GUYS JUST CUDDLE??? :blink:

To me cuddling is completely fulfilling...just boggles my mind but I guess to to a sexual guy they only consider that a prelude to sex?

I guess I can't wrap my mind around it...

Anyway I WANT A CUDDLE BUDDY!!!

I am so lonely!

*cuddle*

I want one too. :D

awww to bad you didn't live here in omaha!

:D I'd cuddle w/ ya!!!

especially since I wouldn't have to worry about you making advances on me!!!

:D

WHY CAN'T GUYS JUST CUDDLE???/quote]

The eternal question. On the day that we find the answer to this one, the Universe may collapse on itself.

Oops...quote fail?

I would kill for a cuddle buddy. I was dating a girl for a long time, and the first year and a half she cuddled with me all the time and then she just stopped... and now I have no one to cuddle with. Because my girl friends are "uncomfortable" with it and my guy friends are all dating someone or would make it something sexual. DX

Don't look at me. I dislike touch in general. However, I saw a couple guys today just cuddling with their female friends. to be fair, one of the guys was cuddling with his girlfriend, another was cuddling on and off with another girl who also through herself at the last guy, who I'm not certain if its possible to cuddle with him (skin and bone. handshakes hurt).

I am in search of a cuddle buddy. lol If I found one and we really clicked, and we started dating, that would be awesome, but, first and foremost, I just want someone I can cuddle with. Maybe watch a movie or something. Stuffed animals get old, and sometimes, they're cold. It sucks. :( Anyone live in MD, looking for a cuddle buddy? (Hey, I made a rhyme. Looks like my future as a nerdcore rapper is coming, all in due time.) XD

Professor T. Pollution

I'm a guy who likes cuddling (with people I trust)! But yeah, I'm ace, so I don't really count.

Still, I do have male friends who like cuddling. I have a REALLY strange friend group, and I know that it's not representative of the general population, but there are sexual males who enjoy simply cuddling. My friends and I form "puppy piles," which means essentially all lying down using each other as pillows, blankets, et cetera. If you shipped yourself to CA, we would cuddle with you! :P

I want a cuddle buddy!

I badly want a cuddle buddy too. It's not a girl/guy thing, it's a sexual/asexual thing.

Finding a girl who will just cuddle with me is difficult too.

I want a cuddle buddy!

I badly want a cuddle buddy too. It's not a girl/guy thing, it's a sexual/asexual thing.

Yeah agreed...to me being close to someone is heaven no need to have sex and ruin it lol...

I hope one day I can find someone else to be my cuddle buddy!!!

anyone here by omaha interested ;) ?

People, come on! Maybe we can all band together to form the next social networking site, dedicated to finding matching cuddle buddies.

People, come on! Maybe we can all band together to form the next social networking site, dedicated to finding matching cuddle buddies.

I LUV that idea!!! :D :D

geek-in-a-half-shell

I want a cuddle buddy. I like to cuddle with the female variety, cuddling with guys is just...wrong...

I like cuddling girls with big ta-tas. Not because I'm a perv but because they're really comfortable. I love me some chest-pillows! I think I fell asleep on top of a female-friend of mine when we were cuddling, but I couldn't help it. Girl was comfy!

The size doesn't matter though, I just pointed that out because I'm a comfort-whore. :3

Stuffed animals do get old and having a close friend/ cuddle buddy would be epic, since I don't have any friends in real life. *emosob* Then again, I'm too weird, so it's probably best I don't find one.. D:

Cuddle puddle!!!

But yeah, I was in two of them few weeks ago, and it was awesome. The best thing was, everyone knew it was meant to be platonic. So we could cuddle all we wanted and no one would expect anything more.

Though it would be nice to have an individual cuddle buddy as well...eventually...someday...

pineapple_cake

whaaa!! I want a cuddle buddy too >.< *feels lonely* I had a friend who always said 'lets cuddle' <3 but now he doesn't really talk to me, and I can't entirely figure out why :P

I want a cuddle buddy. I like to cuddle with the female variety, cuddling with guys is just...wrong...

I like cuddling girls with big ta-tas. Not because I'm a perv but because they're really comfortable. I love me some chest-pillows! I think I fell asleep on top of a female-friend of mine when we were cuddling, but I couldn't help it. Girl was comfy!

The size doesn't matter though, I just pointed that out because I'm a comfort-whore. :3

Stuffed animals do get old and having a close friend/ cuddle buddy would be epic, since I don't have any friends in real life. *emosob* Then again, I'm too weird, so it's probably best I don't find one.. D:

lol no offense taken...I can see your point about cuddling with girls that have bigger breasts...it would prolly be more comfortable...never cuddled with a female though so I wouldn't know...although when I was younger I used to fall alseep leaning on my sister who is basically my second mom since my mother died when I was young...there is something so comforting about that like when you were a baby and fell asleep at your mothers breast...so yeah totally see your point!!!

and if I knew anyone here in omaha I would totally arrange a cuddle party! Although I would like a little one-on-one attention more ;)

whaaa!! I want a cuddle buddy too >.< *feels lonely* I had a friend who always said 'lets cuddle' <3 but now he doesn't really talk to me, and I can't entirely figure out why :P

maybe they were like my friend and was starting to feel a little bit like things were going into more then just friend territory? guys are weird like that...most guys can't seem to cuddle without eventually wanting more...

I miss cuddling more than anything else about being in a relationship *sigh*

pineapple_cake

@ sikanda: iunno, we had this long conversation about what love means to us, it was really weird, especially since I knew he had a girlfriend (still does, she lives in another country) but he was saying that he loved me O.o and at the time I didn't know I was ace, and I related love as a sexual thing, so I said I didn't love him in a romantic way and they he just stopped talking to me as much XP So I guess he just decided to stay away from me for his own sake, but I miss the friendship, we were really close and then poof T_T he really confuses me >.< haha!

geek-in-a-half-shell

lol no offense taken...I can see your point about cuddling with girls that have bigger breasts...it would prolly be more comfortable...never cuddled with a female though so I wouldn't know...although when I was younger I used to fall alseep leaning on my sister who is basically my second mom since my mother died when I was young...there is something so comforting about that like when you were a baby and fell asleep at your mothers breast...so yeah totally see your point!!!

and if I knew anyone here in omaha I would totally arrange a cuddle party! Although I would like a little one-on-one attention more ;)

That's exactly it! I can't explain it, but I really do feel secure like that. Especially because I used to take naps with my mom like that.

For a meet-up idea, we should arrange a cuddle-party.

• 1 month later...
cuddlebuddy

I think to get started you would need to be very specific about what cuddle buddies can and cannot do to avoid misunderstandings.

carried in bags

I think that'd do me the world of good. someone to cuddle AND talk with, someone special.

Lady Heartilly

I want a cuddle buddy!

I used to cuddle w/ a friend of mine(he has a SO btw and I mighta had a slight crush on him at one point although I'd never act on it obviusly though) and we become fairly close after I admitted I kinda liked him lol...anyway he stopped cuddling with me rather abruptly I might add and told me straight out it was getting to awkward...well I guess I understood that although at the time I was very hurt...he was the first person I trusted with to be affectionate with...and it was going to far it was getting a little more physical then cuddling although that part was being intitated by HIM not me...I went along with it cuz hey I wanted to keep him snuggling with me obviously(and before you think of me to badly and consider it cheating him and her have a sorta "open don't ask don't tell" kinda thing) soooo...

apperently I found out one thing about guys...THEY CAN'T JUST CUDDLE! They apperently see this as a pre-lude to other more ah physical activities....

We were talking the other day and I brought that up that I missed cuddling w/ him and I wished we still could...and he admitted that it was getting difficult for him(and keep in mind he is VERY sexual person) to just keep it platonic...kinda like whetting his appetite and not getting anything to eat or something can't remember the exact analogy here...but anyway I kinda apologized for arousing him--lol what else does one say? I told him I was sorry I gave him the wrong impression I never wanted more then just cuddling...and thats when he said he didn't see a point in continuing it and gave the food analogy...My innocent, naive, asexual, self just liked the cuddling...and I didn't realize quite how much I was affecting him in that way lol...

To me cuddling is completely fulfilling...just boggles my mind but I guess to to a sexual guy they only consider that a prelude to sex?

I guess I can't wrap my mind around it...

Anyway I WANT A CUDDLE BUDDY!!!

I am so lonely!

Yeah, I feel this way too. I would even go so far as to say I enjoy making out while cuddling and not taking it any further beyond that point. Most guys think that this should only be done as a prelude to sex and have trouble just taking it for what it is. Why is it so difficult to just take something for what it is, and not have it turn into something different?

It reminds me of this scene I saw on an old episode of "Friends" a little while ago, where the six friends were sitting in their usual cafe discussing how much the girls enjoyed kissing and the guys saw it as a required pre-show to sex. They compared it to a concert and said that no matter how good the comedian pre-show is, it's just never as great as when the band comes out because the band is what they really came there to see. Then the girls started arguing that sometimes they like the pre-show even better than the main concert, and at the end, Joey said "Are we still talking about sex?" :P

Why am I always the opposite of everyone else?

Apparently I am extremely comfy, so.. I get people laying on me all the time. Of both genders. Whenever I go to Anime club, or Japanese club, or Games club, or GSA.. or what have you. Or at home. Or at other peep's houses. Generally females, though I know a few male furries who will totally get in on the action.

And I am perfectly fine with this. It's an easy way to comfort people and make their day better.

~ Ily <3

SporkMaster

*cuddle cuddle*

I totally understand Sikanda that is the story of my life. Im not very physically attractive to others but I guess my cuddly nature is a turn on to them. The same kind of situation you are talking about has ended 80% of all of my attempts at a relationship. Right now I do have a cuddle buddy and she is sexual but maybe that means that some females dont have the same problem. I cuddle with my female friends all the time and none of them have a problem with it they just know Im obsessively cuddly. It would be nice to have a romantic relationship that was based on cuddling though...

kiramekuchan

Yay for having a cuddle buddies! I would die withoout my cuddle buddy. Don't know how I would sleep at night. Seriously odd when my buddy is an asexual and I'm not so there's occaisionally some one else. But what can I say. I'm a cuddle fiend.

*Looks up* Another obsessive cuddler! GLOMP!!!

Me! Me! I want a cuddle buddy *roams UK lands for her return* I shall hunt down the cuddlees.

The Honey Bear

I LOVE LOVE LOVE snuggle hugs! In fact, I'm going to find my little brother right now...

Introspective Dreamer

I want a cuddle buddy!

I do not necessarily believe it is a sexual/asexual thing. I think it is more a clash of worldviews and values- what cuddling represents and whether or not it is desirable to the individual. Cuddling can be taken as signifying affection and emotional closeness and thus people who hold such symbolism in their minds as well as holds expressing platonic affection as important and wonderful most likely have a penchant to just want to sweetly and platonically cuddle with someone. Being asexual may however, predispose someone to such a view.

I am sure that there are males- asexual and otherwise- that cuddle for platonic reasons and assign cuddling a platonic meaning

I would cut off a leg for a cuddle buddy (not an arm though, that would be counter-productive). Secretly I crave physical closeness with someone.

Archived