Current AVEN Store Information

ily

First of all, thanks to Shockwave for keeping the store going for these past years!

But, Shockwave has passed on the operation of the AVEN store to me, so I just thought I'd create a new thread so that people realize to contact me. :) And please do contact me if you have any questions, comments, ideas for improvement, or design submissions for the store. The guidelines are the same:

Cafepress has templates here.

> Maximum image size for most shirts is 10' x 10' and they are printed between 100 and 300 dpi (let me know what size the image is intended to be).

> Please make all submissions in png format.

> For white and all light colored shirts white parts of the image are treated as transparent.

> For black shirts you need to make part of the image transparent for it be treated as such.

> Please do not use offensive language or images.

> No copyright infringement, please. If it isn't original, don't submit it.

Happy shopping! :D

Link to the store: http://www.cafepress.com/asexvisibility/

• 1 month later...
The MoUsY spell-checker

Would you be able to make existing designs available on different products?

For example, I want an "Unscrewed yet Illuminating" button. (A sticker would be nice too.)

For sure. But for the "Illuminating" design, the size and shape either don't work, or just don't look good, on the stickers and buttons Cafepress is offering. The stickers would look like this, with weird white parts on the sides:

cafepress.jpg

Every product has a template, and if you wanted, you'd be welcome to get a copy of the image and redesign it to fit. Unfortunately I don't have the ability to do that myself right now. If you, or anyone else, wants different products on any other designs, definitely let me know and I'll see how it would look.

Hey you

for what ever reason..thanks Shock for keeping things going..the store is a much underused resource so to keep it going for so long is worthy thing..so shock :cake: :cake:

IIy..thank you so much for taking the store on..sometimes it's the little things that make the difference and awareness can be as something as simple as a t shirt and a person asking..hey buddy what does that mean?

so IIy TY :cake: :cake: and thank you for getting the store back uptop on the selection part

Thank you for putting this back up! Out of curiosity, I don't suppose that they offer mugs? I'd totally buy myself an asexuality mug, especially if I could then fill it with tea. :)

Oh, that is interesting. Some of them are pretty good--I like the amoeba lifestyle design particularly--but I'm not sure that they're all asexual-oriented in origin. That homework one, for example, doesn't really seem like something I'd associate with an actual asexual perspective.

I must admit yes some of them aren't bad..suprised they where not attached to our shop

There are other shops out there that sell asexuality related items that are not affiliated with AVEN.

Some of the designs are available on mugs. In the lefthand column there is a drop down list where you can select a specific product and see which designs are available on it. I don't remember why I didn't put the rest on mugs.

shock...totally agree that other shops are doing asexual merchandise...but those mugs were by cafe press..and they also do a lot of other asexual things than what we have in the shop..just puzzled..but then again i am easily puzzled

They weren't done by cafepress itself, the search function just shows results as if they're all in one shop. There are other shops on cafepress selling asexuality related merchandise, and they show up when you query the word "asexual" there. When I ran the shop I blocked our items from showing up in the search results because cafepress changes the prices to make them all equal if they're purchased that way. It would have made our prices higher and we possibly would have made a profit, which our shop was not intended to do.

Should we not think about re-addressing the store stuff if there is no profit being made?... I sort of assumed (wrongly) that purchasing an item from the store might be a way to support AVEN and it sounds like we are in need of money for site maintenance fees...

Dylan-Michael

Should we not think about re-addressing the store stuff if there is no profit being made?... I sort of assumed (wrongly) that purchasing an item from the store might be a way to support AVEN and it sounds like we are in need of money for site maintenance fees...

I thought that too.

Anyways:

I want this one.

(It won't post the image.

totally agree zoid

my main reason for asking is that I suspect as most members still do not declare things in the open about thier asexuality..like a t shirt say...then things for the home like mugs etc would be easily and readily bought and may actually increase the amount spent through the site shop

Although it's no longer my decision, I think that would be a good idea. I had a discussion with AVENguy about that four years ago but circumstances have since changed.

I agree, it would be good to make more of a profit. There's plenty of things we could use the money for, if we had it. Right now, we make a dollar on most items sold. For example, Cafepress sells a shirt at a base price of 18.99 and we have to mark it up to 19.99 to make a profit. Cafepress also charges a monthly fee, I believe. If we raised prices, we could make more, but I think that would make the items too expensive-- some of them are already a bit on the overpriced side. If anyone has alternate ideas for how to do the store, I'm all ears.

. . .but there are sounds

It is my understanding that DJ (AVENguy) needs us not to make too much profit to maintain our status as an NPO. The goal is not to make money, simply to meet the needs of maintaining the community, which to my knowledge is not jeopardized.

It is my understanding that DJ (AVENguy) needs us not to make too much profit to maintain our status as an NPO. The goal is not to make money, simply to meet the needs of maintaining the community, which to my knowledge is not jeopardized.

To my knowledge we are not technically an organization of any kind.

To my knowledge we are not technically an organization of any kind.

That's true. We don't have status as an NPO (or 501c3, in the US). Since we don't have 501c3 status, then having AVEN make too much of a profit might become a tax issue for DJ (or whoever else was to handle our funds). Legally-recognized nonprofits aren't allowed to make profits per se, but they're allowed to raise unlimited sums of money as long as that money is channeled back into their operating costs and charitable activities.

• 1 month later...
KieranTheWerewolf42

It's finally here...the "I Brake for AVEN Cake" bumper sticker:

http://www.cafepress.com/asexvisibility.438844293

Thanks much to my sister for helping me with the design :)

WANT!

ALSO WANTS! too bad I don't have a car. Then again once I get a new bedroom door, I might just tack it on there.

It's finally here...the "I Brake for AVEN Cake" bumper sticker:

http://www.cafepress.com/asexvisibility.438844293

Thanks much to my sister for helping me with the design :)

WANT!

ALSO WANTS! too bad I don't have a car. Then again once I get a new bedroom door, I might just tack it on there.

Yay! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Oh this is cool! I like designing stuff (And people seem to like what I design), and am thinking about going into graphic design so I would love to design something for the shop!

Are there ideas people want?

• 1 month later...

At the risk of sounding like a moron... What is that thing on the "Squares" tshirt that the gender symbols are thinking of/talking about on the bottom right-hand square? I can't figure I out!

. . .but there are sounds

At the risk of sounding like a moron... What is that thing on the "Squares" tshirt that the gender symbols are thinking of/talking about on the bottom right-hand square? I can't figure I out!

I am pretty sure that is Cthulhu.

• 3 weeks later...
asexual cake

I am pretty sure that is Cthulhu.

That's what I thought, too, so.

Archived