Velma of Scooby Doo: gay, a, or just plain nerdy?

mieses2pieces

What is Velma's orientation?  

1. 1.

• gay
    • asexual
    • straight, but a nerd

mieses2pieces

I know there have been discussions on asexual famous people and relationships in movies, but how about cartoon characters? Has anyone suspected beloved character of being asexual? Feel free to share.

For instance, I always thought Rabbit from Winnie the Pooh might be. . . .

Silly Green Monkey

I kinda think that Velma's the only person who can answer that question...

I loved the Scooby Doo show when they were kids (the one with the scooby snacks). It was hilarious!! And I remember Velma twisting around her yoyo which she could use in many ways...hmm I think she was just nerdy.

Live R Perfect

She was always just a nerd in my eyes.. And she was the one that did ALL the detective work. Freddie and that bimbo always went off together for you-know-what, Scooby and Shaggy were off their heads on marijuana (I'm sure you've heard the rumours) and Scrappy was an annoying little bastard (never liked that pup).

Aha! That gives me an idea for a new sig....

"I would have gotten away for it if it weren't for those pesky kids!" :P

fluffy_hime
In my mind, cartoon characters = asexual until proven otherwise.

Yes, I agree. In fact, we've had this conversation before, about Squidward.

In truth, Velma has always been one of my biggest cartoon crushes. I can safely say that woman has my heart. If only Janeane Garofalo played her in the movies....

Sailor Mercury comes in at a distant second.

-Doc

PS- Admit it, you've all had crushes on cartoon characters at one time or another! ADMIT IT!

fluffy_hime

Docteur, I'll admit it readily! They're the only kind who won't try to put the moves on you! Plus, cartoon characters don't have to be bothered with being anatomically correct.

Cate Perfect

Aury, you're right! Huh.

I love Velma. Always have. She's a. I just know it. AND nerdy, which is even better. Those glasses. Rwor.

Cate

Yes...those glasses! Especially when they fall off. "My glasses...my glasses! Someone help me find my glasses!"

Rowr! Go Velma!

-Doc

I still don't know who we're talking about *cries*

Velma is a character in the series Scooby Doo. The one with the bowl haircut and the orange sweater. And the glasses. Can't see a thing without those glasses.

Worthless Poster

Ahh. Never did watch the show, but I think I know who you mean.

Caught a few seconds of it in the breakroom the other day. Got confused.

I don't recall any Scooby Doo episode where sexuality came even remotely close into the picture. So I vote for ... "irrelevant"

PS- Admit it, you've all had crushes on cartoon characters at one time or another! ADMIT IT!

Aesthetic "crushes" where gender doesn't matter....yes, in a sense....names withheld :)

I don't think there was much sexual chemistry with Velma, but Freddie was always the one saying, "Okay, gang, let's split up!" And the split was always...always him with Daphne and Scooby with Shaggy. Velma just sort of went with somebody. There've been countless debates as to what Shaggy and Scooby were smoking during those times when we only saw the other group.

Nobody ever seems to remember times when we'd watch Shaggy, Scooby, and Velma wander around four ten minutes and then cut to Fred and Daphne crawling out of a haystack mumbling about finding clues.

Yes, I think the producers/cartoonists of that show tried to get away with as much as possible.

Cate Perfect

Velma! There she is! :D

Cate

Archived