Is the asexualove.net site down?

summerbreeze

Yeah.

Ditto. I was very much looking forward to posting on that (i've been in europe for a while).

And finally when i was ready, i get the 404 when i hit the personals page. And i'm like..."NOOOOOOOooooooooh!"

*sigh*

I tried emailing the webmaster guy "mike", but it said the email address did not exist.

So....i say HEY! WHAT'S GOIN' ON?!

Asexualove went off-line some time ago, and I don't know of any plans to revive it, at the moment.

And: W00T! WoMBaT's back!

*does the wombat dance*

I was talking about you just the other day. Were your ears burning?

summerbreeze

That's too bad. It was a good website even if most people never replied. It was nice to look at the profiles of other asexuals and to see the different types of people who are asexuals. I hope somebody comes up with a similar site, even if it's a free website and not a professional one.

You might want to check out htttp://www.celibatepassions.com/ as an alternative. You can browse the profiles without having to join up etc, but to make contact or view more pictures or access any of the other features you must be a member. The also have the choice of asexual as an orientation as well as a group.

~A~

SummerSeeker

I was bummed when I discovered that the site was dead as well. Would it not be possible for us to have some kind of singles/dating forum on this site?

SummerSeeker

So, I checked it out on WHOIS and found that the owner of the asexualove.net website is someone named Craig Andrews. The info is as follows:

Registrant:

Craig Andrews

PO Box 488

Glebe, New South Wales 2037

Australia

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)

Domain Name: ASEXUALOVE.NET

Created on: 15-Dec-04

Expires on: 15-Dec-07

Last Updated on: 26-Jul-07

Administrative Contact:

Andrews, Craig

Andrews, Craig

PO Box 488, Glebe, NSW 2037, AU, +61.295719245, Technical Contact:, PO Box 488

Australia

+61.295719245 Fax --

Technical Contact:

Andrews, Craig

PO Box 488

Australia

Fax --

Domain servers in listed order:

NS1.WAY3.COM

NS2.WAY3.COM

Do we know who this guy is, and can we get the site back? I'm not very technical, so I don't know much about this stuff.

He is or was a member here, although I don't know the username that goes with his real name. (Or, for that matter, whether he wants that info spread around publically. :? )

There was so little interest in the site that I think he just gave up.

-GB

OK, I had a thought - I'd be willing to host and help set up an asexual dating site, if someone else would be interested in running it. I'd do it myself, but I'm going to be moving and starting a new job soon, so I won't have time. But there's a joomla page with a forum set up on my site that could be used for this purpose, and one would be able to do pretty much anything that needed to be done to the page without my help. I don't know if anyone here is familiar with joomla, but if a dinosaur like me can figure out the basics in less than a week, it must be pretty easy. :wink:

Anyway, I would have to insist that a few rules be put into place, like a minimum age limit, some disclaimers to protect the admins, webmasters and host from liability, and some general tips on how to be safe when meeting people online. Other than that, though, it'd all be up to the administrator.

Anyone interested?

OK, I had a thought - I'd be willing to host and help set up an asexual dating site, if someone else would be interested in running it. I'd do it myself, but I'm going to be moving and starting a new job soon, so I won't have time. But there's a joomla page with a forum set up on my site that could be used for this purpose, and one would be able to do pretty much anything that needed to be done to the page without my help. I don't know if anyone here is familiar with joomla, but if a dinosaur like me can figure out the basics in less than a week, it must be pretty easy. :wink:

Anyway, I would have to insist that a few rules be put into place, like a minimum age limit, some disclaimers to protect the admins, webmasters and host from liability, and some general tips on how to be safe when meeting people online. Other than that, though, it'd all be up to the administrator.

Anyone interested?

I couldn't be the admin (if I get involved with one more project, I will die :wink: ) but I would be willing to help with it in some capacity...I think there's probably an agreement that it's something we need.

Thanks, Ily. :) Would you be interested in helping write up some static content or news items? If you are, I'll PM you the link.

Sure, writing things is always up my alley. What kind of content do you need?

What kind of content do you need?

Anything other than the half dozen articles about joomla that are there now would be a good start. :lol: I'll send you the link, so you can have a look around... *PMs*

Guest *elizabeth*

sounds like a good idea, would it be a pure dating site or a dating and friends website?

my free time varies but if your looking for a moderator on the forum I could help :)

Awesome. 8) Actually, if I could just get several moderators, that might cover it.

And yeah, no reason it can't be both. There's a field on the profile where one can specify what they're looking for.

So sad that it is gone. It was pretty good. It seemed to run itself, and lots of people posted. Nobody near where I live unluckily.

Archived