Kinsey Survey is Here!

AVENguy

Here's an E-mail I just got from the good people at the kinsey institute if anyone's interested..

Hi David (DJ?),

I wanted to let you know that we have launched our online questionnaire

about sexual orientation, including asexuality. Would you be willing to

post a link for our study on your web site? There are two ways to get to

it:

Through the Kinsey Institute web site:

http://www.indiana.edu/~kinsey/research/desire_orient.html <br

Or through an introductory page:

https://www.indiana.edu/~study/introduction.html <br

Either is a fine portal. The survey is on a secure server and participants

are not required to identify themselves in any way, unless they want to

enter the drawings or volunteer for future research at the end. If you or

your users have any questions about the questionnaire I'm happy to take

emails, nprause@indiana.edu.

Sincerely,

Nicole

-------------------

Links work if you add <br to the end of them. I'm working on fixing that prob for good...

I finished it! There were a couple pages that were really hard to answer though. I was all "um. I don't know, I haven't tried" or "uh, that would never happen, none of this is applicable".

I've done it too.

Yes, some of the questions were a bit difficult - the best answer would have been that it didn't apply to me, but never mind, I've done my bit for asexuality!

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly I have stopped at page 3.

A lot of questions start with "when I'm having sex........"

or

"If I'm having sex......"

or when a partner touches u blah blah never happend to me and I do not want to taint the results of the test so it's best to stop.

Regretably this test does not include people who have never had sex in every question so I found myself chooosing the answer that best described me but that was still to broad and wrogn of an answer.

"If I am having sex in a secluded, outdoor place and I think that someone is nearby, I am not likely to get very aroused."

How exactly does one who never had sex answer a question like this.

"When I notice that my partner is sexually aroused, my own arousal becomes stronger."

What partner? never had a girlfriend. Never touched or was touched by someone else that way.

"If my new sexual partner does not want to use a condom, I am unlikely to stay aroused."

Again how am I supposed to answer this. Never put on a condom lol why woudl i practice puttign on a condom for what will it prepare me for?

"During sex, pleasing my partner sexually makes me more aroused. "

Sigh...

These are just examples from page 3 there were others on page 2 also.

It was a nice try but obviously they never accounted for ppl who never had sex and a girlfriend or boyfriend .

Better luck with the next survey kinsley

Alex

I just had to guess the answers to those "When I'm having sex..." questions, but the last page lets you explain your point of view by giving you space to type answers to the questions

• 3 months later...

Oops! I missed it :cry: Woe is me!! Woe is me!! I suck, big time!! I'm a failure as an amoeba!!! WAAAAH!!!!

• 1 year later...
Live R Perfect

Hee hee... just trawling the ancient archives of AVEN here! :wink:

So I clicked on the link to see if the survey was still there and I was taken to the page describing the aims of the survey, etc... and then at the bottom there was this:

FINDINGS:

Data collection for this study is completed. Analyses are beginning and may be completed by September 1, 2003. Please feel free to check this page in the future for a summary of the results from this study. Thank you for your interest.

But no link to any 'summary of results' there at all. The only results I have seen are the ones that are linked to in the Announcements thread as a PowerPoint file. Are the Kinsey Institute still looking into this at all?

Archived