AVEN Wiki- New Toy

AVENguy

Cool stuff! I like wikis.

Not familiar with that particular software, but once I have some time, I'll prolly go a lil insane with setting up new articles.

ooo that looks very interesting. I might have a go when I have a bit more time.

I don't really understand how this works but i have read through some of it and it is very clear and understanding. Is this the 'static' section of the site or something completely different? I'm a bit confused here :?

Lady Heartilly

You can click Edit on the pages and add stuff to them so that we'll eventually have a database of information that everyone here contributes to. I think I'm the only person who wrote anything on there so far.

Yeah. Once it's fleshed out I'll pretty it up and put a more prominent link to it. You can create a link to a new page by putting [brackets around it]. In general it's nicer to comment on what someone has written than to delete it and write over..

Excellent, a wiki!

Can I ask, what is its intended scope?

- What subjects or types of content can go in?

- What can't go in?

borrowedTime

And another thing, AVENguy, how did you get your name to appear (on RecentChanges) rather than your IP, when you edit a page?

Is there a way to register a username which I've missed?

• 1 month later...

I only found out what a wiki was last week in a meeting at work.

I think you just add and edit things people write and then hopefully you end up with something that's balanced in opinion and true as far as facts go.

It sounds cool. I'll have a good look later after I've caught up with eveything else.

I go away for a few days and we have an AVENwiki ... and I actually have some idea what it is.

I always thought Virginia Woolf was gay?

Also, how about Jesus? I really, totally do not buy that stuff that he was married & had kids... after all, He knew he was gonna die, so why would he bother to leave a widow alone to fend for herself? That's my theory, anyway?

Also, how about Jesus? I really, totally do not buy that stuff that he was married & had kids... after all, He knew he was gonna die, so why would he bother to leave a widow alone to fend for herself? That's my theory, anyway?

Took me a minute to figure out what this had to do with the rest of the thread - you're talking about the Famous Asexuals page on the wiki, aren't you?

Previous discussion of Jesus's sexuality or lack thereof can be found here: http://www.asexuality.org/discussion/viewtopic.php?t=11865

• 2 weeks later...
SpirallingSnowy

The stuff in the WIKI on mental disorder , i just wrote it . sorry if u guys dont like it. i just wrote from my head so there isnt anything factual in there as yet, but i liked what i wrote. pity i didnt save it anywhere lol

Can I just point out that the wiki discussed in this thread is the old one.

The new wiki is here:

http://www.asexuality.org/AVENwiki/

(also see the link at the top of the page)

And it's discussed on this thread:

http://www.asexuality.org/discussion/viewtopic.php?t=12709

SpirallingSnowy, maybe you could move your contribution to the new wiki.

Archived