Welcome!!

AVENguy

Hello and Welcome!!

This is David Jay, aka BloodyRedCommie, creator of AVEN and general asexual troublemaker. For those of you who are new, this forum is going up as an alternative to the origional Haven for the Human Amoeba:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/havenforthehumanamoeba/

I want to welcome everyone, both Amoeba folks and those coming new to the site. Make yourself at home!!

-DJ

I'll see what I can do. I can make e-mail lists, but I don't know if I can tie them to the forum here. It's also possible that we can have both going at once (this is nice b/c it's multithread, so we can have dif simultaneous topics of conversation...)

Hi David, Ioa, and new person,

(It's me, celibbrat.) This is pretty cool. I'll have to bookmark this page, too.

No luck on the e-mail so far (I'll check a few more nooks and crannies) though I can set up an e-mail list off of this site I can't attach it to this forum. I think it would be complicated anyway, with multiple threads. There's a "recieve e-mail notifcation of new replues" button under the write message screen that you can check. But if you want I can get a moderated E-mail list (in addition to this forum), it just won't be attached.

Aside from that (and possibly aside from the other amoebe forum) it seems like we should take advantage of the multithread nature of this site. One of the big problems with the Haven is that its confusing to have more than one topic of conversation at once. So everyone throw up your general thoughts/rants/questions/anything asexual related as topics, hopefully once we get a few up there it will turn into an active forum...

Since the amoebas don't appear to be relocating I changed the name to the much more accurate "AVEN Discussion Forum."

I like the topic ideas, sig. For the time being I'm just going to throw up alot of threads and see what catches. I'm hoping that one forum with several things going on (if slowly) is less daunting then a ton of near-empty forums. Once I get a halfway population of people who come regularly to post I'll expand to make more room.

• 1 year later...

Wow. It's like a...fossil.

*examines the ancient thread* Look how much thread forms have evolved since the Proto-Amoeban Era!

• 1 year later...

Yes.. I am bringing a thread back to life.. but for a good reason. We have had a major growth in population since this last surfaced. Here is part of the history behind AVEN -- for all us young folks...

Man, Davey unearthed this in 2004, and it was already ancient! Now it's been brought back to the surface a second time! Shoud I be wearing gloves while handling this thread in case it breaks to pieces or something?

This is like the oldest thread...ever!

Wow can it really be 6 years ago?

Yeah, for a welcome thread, I'd think it'd be pages long...

So, now we have to ressurect it again in '08... since apparently it's a 2 year thing... :D

There must be a lot of exibits in there now.

Yeah, for a welcome thread, I'd think it'd be pages long...

So, now we have to ressurect it again in '08... since apparently it's a 2 year thing... :D

I wonder how many of us will still be here then.

Neither am I. It's good to see the old threads once in a while, but the lack of year on the post tags makes things confusing. :?

...lack of year on the post tags...

That's only because you don't have it set in your profile to display the year.

Go to the Date Format box in your profile and add a "y" for a two digit year or a "Y" for a four digit year.

Archived